Supply Chain Planner
Supply Chain Planner
Are you the one who will ensure an optimal availability and inventory level of the Shimano Bike products (the right inventory, at the right location, at the right moment at minimum costs)? Do you want to bring our services to the next level by using our forecasting/inventory management tool in the most efficient way possible + looking into ways to improve? Then this is your new opportunity!
Shimano is looking for a Supply Chain Planner & Functional Application Manager!
In this role you will report to the Manager Supply Chain Planning and you will be part of an enthusiastic team consisting of 9 colleagues. In this role you will also work closely together with our Sales Offices within Europe, Product/Brand Management, Logistics and our suppliers worldwide.
We are looking for an analytical team player with strong communication skills who is determined to meet the needs of our customers across Europe. You are curious and always looking into ways to improve because continuous improvement is one of the key areas in this role and throughout our organization.
- You manage the supply chain from purchase order until goods receipt from all our European warehouses and make sure all warehouses keep an optimal inventory level. This includes managing your suppliers, freight forwarders and inbound logistics.
- You have frequent contact with demand planning to discuss what is needed and search for alignment with your suppliers. You make sure that orders are placed in time, based on sales history and forecast. In addition, you consider production- and delivery times and current stock situation.
- You are responsible for functional application management of Slim4. Besides functional maintenance, we also expect you to initiate improvements (new functionalities) and support / train the users.
- You are also supporting the team in building and maintaining analytic tools (mainly excel based).
- You monitor your performance on daily basis and define actions to steer towards your ambitious targets.
- You also monitor the (long-term) delivery plans to adjust them timely based on adjusted sales forecast.
- You will be involved in and support multiple improvement projects (e.g. optimization S&OP).
- You stay informed about developments in the market by visiting events and studying relevant developments.
What are we looking for?
- You have a Bachelor degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or Business Administration.
- You have 3-5 years of relevant experience in a similar position, preferably within an international supply chain environment.
- You have experience in working with ERP software and with forecasting/inventory management tools, preferably Slim4.
- You have good language skills both Dutch and English.
- You have excellent Excel skills.
- Knowledge of our industry is considered as a plus.
What do we have to offer?
Shimano is a worldwide supplier of highly advanced bicycle components, fishing tackle, and other sports equipment. Shimano Europe Group is the intermediate between the headquarter in Japan and the European market for marketing, sales, product development and technical service. Shimano Europe Group’s mission is to be an excellent supplier and valuable partner for their customers throughout all distribution channels in the European bicycle and fishing tackle industry.
Shimano offers a pleasant, informal working environment with colleagues who work well together, and are proud to work for Shimano. Next to good working conditions (with a big focus on the vitality of employees), Shimano offers you the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging position within a dynamic, international and ambitious environment. Together we want to win therefore we have a strong focus on team achievement.
|There are no jobs listed at this moment.|