Product Planner 'Coarse Angling'
Shimano Europe Fishing Holding
Within this role, you investigate and analyse the fishing tackle market to determine areas for product development. Together with the Product Planning team, you develop innovative, captivating and profitable products to be introduced under the Shimano brand. You also work together with the sales and marketing teams to coordinate the launch of these new products.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Collect market and competitor information (both desk research and in the field)
- Consult Shimano’s Sales Offices on the potential of new products
- Set-up and maintain planning sheets and spec sheets according to which final products need to be manufactured
- Plan an efficient and effective product line-up of Shimano branded products
- Provide the sales and marketing teams with technical as well as commercial information on new developed products and educate these teams on features and benefits
- Organise and participate in events to ensure optimal positioning of the products in the market
- Contribute to the 3-5 year product plan consistent with the global strategy
- Frequently travel in order to collect market information and participate in local sales events
- During the first year, you will travel +/- 5 times through Europe and you will join some events
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or marketing focused study
- Passion for fishing and fishing tackle
- A knowledgeable freshwater coarse angler
- Excellent analytical skills and a strong team player with good communication skills
- Project driven with a strong focus on keeping deadlines even under a heavy workload
- Willing and able to travel both inside and outside Europe
- Open to follow a Product Planning training of 2 years at Shimano’s HQ in Japan, including training sessions in our own rod and reel factories in China and Malaysia
- Confident and fluent in English
|There are no jobs listed at this moment.|