Manager Financial Controller
Within this role, you will manage the financial & cash management systems and practices for the Shimano Europe Group. You lead a team of 8 professionals and you focus on the delivery of timely, accurate and compliant financial information. As a Financial Controller, you report to the Deputy Director Finance.
- Provide leadership and management of Finance section, measured by the effectiveness, engagement and business unit performance of the team;
- Build working relationships with stakeholders in order to understand their business operations and the financial information needs;
- Manage the cash flow of Shimano Europe Group within available facilities, providing appropriate reporting to Sr. Management;
- Manage the Group’s financial reporting obligations, with responsibility for preparation of monthly consolidations and quarterly reviews;
- Collaborate, design, implement and review finance systems, policies and procedures to ensure continuous improvement and contemporary relevant practices;
- Oversee finance systems managing transaction flows from source through interfaces to general ledger;
- Ensure finance ledgers are maintained on a timely basis, are accurate and complete, and structured for the dual purpose of providing relevant information to internal/external parties and meeting statutory obligations;
- Undertake a range of other activities within the Finance function, in conjunction with other team-members, such as maintenance of consolidated key finance activities; governance/internal control.
- Responsible for the monthly financial reporting activities including P&L analysis, profitability analysis, and factory cost analysis
- Prepare and analyses monthly financial reporting package to the management team within deadlines set.
- Support with the further development of commercial controlling including spend analysis and control, marketing expenditures and effectiveness of the commercial activities.
- Interprets data for the purpose of determining past financial performance and/or to identify risks & opportunities
- Manage the financial and cash management systems and practices, ensuring financial information is timely, accurate, complete and compliant with relevant accounting and taxation principles.
- Ad-hoc financial analysis and calculations to support decision making in various areas like Sales, Supply Chain and investments.
- Assist with the assessment of processes and systems and improvement initiatives to advance the transactional and financial reporting effectiveness, including strengthening the quality of our reporting and analysis
- Assist with the financial set-up once new markets are entered into
- Assists and support with capex investment cases, new contracts, business cases, new product introductions
What are we looking for?
- At least Bachelor level education in the field of Finance.
- 5 to 10 years of experience within a similar role.
- Excellent English language skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Understanding of IFRS and J-Sox is seen as an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills and a critical attitude and accurate view.
- Good leadership skills.
- Eye for improvement opportunities and the development of our processes.
|There are no jobs listed at this moment.|