We are looking for a product and business driven Legal Officer to protect the Shimano Europe Group and to optimize the company's position in terms of legal risks and opportunities.
In the role of Legal Officer you are a business partner to the stakeholders inside our company. You will act as a generalist. This includes providing information and support on legal matters on a day to day/ ad hoc basis but also in a more structural way (e.g. involvement in projects). Next to that you are also responsible for the contract management and further professionalization of our organization regarding legal requirements.
- You provide information and support on a day-to-day basis to all levels of the organization in relevant legal areas, including employment law, product requirements and standards, data protection & privacy law, EU competition law;
- You draft and review various international contracts (e.g. distribution, purchase, sponsoring, IT);
- You maintain, update and give advice about rules and legal requirements of competition law;
- You maintain, update and give advice about rules and legal requirements for employment conditions and employee conflicts, including litigation, in line with labor legislation and with the Shimano policy;
- You ensure the organisation is compliant with relevant data protection and privacy laws. You will act as Shimano's Data Protection Officer;
- Further professionalizing the organization, among others by implementing procedures and by giving legal training and seminars to the organization;
- Corporate housekeeping;
What are we looking for?
- You have a Master's degree in civil law (or business law specialization)
- You have 5+ years of relevant working experience in a similar position
- You have experience with competition law and employment law
- Experience with data protection & privacy law is considered a big plus (alternatively a training must be followed)
- You have experience in an international environment
- You are fluent in English and Dutch both verbally and written
Who are you?
You are a collaborative, pro-active, resourceful, empathetic person with a sense of humor. You are flexible and you use your strong analytical skills and commercial awareness to put together high-level business proposals and to present them in a confident manner. You have the ability to quickly understand the business needs, business structure and products to anticipate potential issues and to provide recommendations for risk management. By using your skills and professional knowledge, you show your expertise and added value for the company.
What do we have to offer?
Shimano is a leading worldwide supplier of highly advanced bicycle components, fishing tackle and other sports equipment. At the European headquarters in Eindhoven the corporate affairs department provides legal and tax support to domestic and international sales offices. The corporate affairs department consists of 2 legal officers, 1 tax counsel and 1 general counsel.
Shimano offers a pleasant, informal working environment with colleagues who work well together, and are proud to work for Shimano. Next to good working conditions, Shimano offers you the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging position within a dynamic, international and ambitious environment. Together we want to win, therefore we have a strong focus on team achievement.
|There are no jobs listed at this moment.|