For the European headquarters of Shimano we are searching for an experienced Financial Controller looking for an exciting career opportunity. In this role you will be leading a team of 8 people to help them bring our Financial Department to the next level. Your main responsibilities will be to manage the financial & cash management systems but you will also focus on the delivery of timely, accurate and compliant financial information as well as in helping with the centralization and proactively looking into the most efficient ways of working. As a Financial Controller you will report to the Director of Finance.
- Provide leadership and management of Finance section, measured by the effectiveness, engagement and business unit performance of the team;
- Build working relationships with stakeholders in order to understand their business operations and the financial information needs;
- Find opportunities of improvement and help the department to work in the most efficient manner.
- Manage the cash flow of Shimano Europe Group within available facilities, providing appropriate reporting to Sr. Management;
- Manage the Group’s financial reporting obligations, with responsibility for preparation of monthly consolidations and quarterly reviews;
- Help bring the team and eventually the department to the next level.
- Collaborate, design, implement and review finance systems, policies and procedures to ensure continuous improvement and contemporary relevant practices;
- Oversee finance systems managing transaction flows from source through interfaces to general ledger;
- Ensure finance ledgers are maintained on a timely basis, are accurate and complete, and structured for the dual purpose of providing relevant information to internal/external parties and meeting statutory obligations;
- Undertake a range of other activities within the Finance function, in conjunction with other team-members, such as maintenance of consolidated key finance activities; governance/internal control.
- Responsible for the monthly financial reporting activities including P&L analysis, profitability analysis, and factory cost analysis
- Prepare and analyses monthly financial reporting package to the management team within deadlines set.
- Support with the further development of commercial controlling including spend analysis and control, marketing expenditures and effectiveness of the commercial activities.
- Interprets data for the purpose of determining past financial performance and/or to identify risks & opportunities
- Manage the financial and cash management systems and practices, ensuring financial information is timely, accurate, complete and compliant with relevant accounting and taxation principles.
- Ad-hoc financial analysis and calculations to support decision making in various areas like Sales, Supply Chain and investments.
- Assist with the assessment of processes and systems and improvement initiatives to advance the transactional and financial reporting effectiveness, including strengthening the quality of our reporting and analysis
- Assist with the financial set-up once new markets are entered into
- Assists and support with capex investment cases, new contracts, business cases, new product introductions
What are we looking for?
- At least Bachelor level education in the field of Finance.
- 5 to 10 years of experience within a similar management role.
- Excellent English language skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Understanding of IFRS and J-Sox is seen as an advantage.
- Ambition to grow and have a career within the Finance Department.
- Excellent communication skills and a critical attitude and accurate view.
- Good leadership skills.
- Eye for improvement opportunities and the development of our processes.
|There are no jobs listed at this moment.|