Lazer R&D Department
Lazer Sport is a Belgian company based in Antwerp and part of Shimano group with a long history in the cycling industry that designs and creates cycling helmets and sports eyewear. At Lazer, you will enter an international environment where sport is a way of life and technology meets design and fashion. Lazer presents an opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging position within a dynamic and ambitious environment. Together we want to win, therefore we have a strong focus on team achievement.
Do you have a feel with Finite Element software, material science and love technological challenges? This job may be perfect for you!
As Design Engineer you will develop the technological backbone of bicycle helmets. State-of-the-art infrastructure and software will allow you to design and optimise bicycle helmets towards the highest possible demands from professional cycling athletes, gravel specialists, enthousiasts, communters or children for safety, aerodynamics and comfort. Some of your main tasks will be:
- Perform Finite Element simulations of new helmets within their design stage;
- Develop technological solutions and integrate these within the development of new helmets;
- Develop new testing methods in order to optimize testing of new products in line with the rules and regulations of the specific countries and ensure quality standards are met;
- Collect, analyze and interpret quantitative and/or qualitative test data;
- Liaise with other research and product development staff;
- Keep up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments;
- Create prototypes in order to create know-how to improve future research and developments.
What are we looking for?
- University or Master Degree in Materials, (Bio) Mechanical Engineering;
- 3 year experience in design engineering;
- Explicit Finite Element Modelling (FEM), preferably with the use of LS-Dyna
- Numerical Optimization, preferably with the use of ANSA;
- Experience creating design CAD files, preferably in Siemens NX;
Knowledge or willingness to learn
- Design of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and more specifically helmets;
- Material Science and more specifically in-depth understanding of the material behavior of polymers;
- Understanding the Biomechanical behavior of the human brain;
- Test equipment to evaluate the safety of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and more specifically helmets;
- Understanding of international and national standards for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and more specifically helmets;
- State of the art technologies towards advanced safety of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and more specifically helmets;
Who are you?
- A team player
- Good communication skills
|There are no jobs listed at this moment.|