In this position you monitor the financial administration of a Shimano business unit, taking into account accounting principles and Shimano standards, in order to secure that data are correct, complete and up-to-date.
Your main responsibilities include:
- You collect, analyze and interpret accounting information, to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, projections and causes of deviation contributing to the operating result
- You prepare reports on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis, in order to give clear insights in the realization of the financial budget
- You collect and provide information, and act as a sparring partner to Management and Auditors so they have a clear insight and are able to perform their audits effective and efficient
- You are contributing in developing and maintaining documented policies and procedures for all accounting operations
- You make sure that accounting policies and procedures comply with standards; identify and enhance internal controls and process efficiencies
- You monitor and understand business processes within the accounting and operational sections, in order to identify and initiate opportunities for improvement within these processes and systems
As this is a temporary position you will be in charge of these responsibilities for the duration of 1 year.
What are we looking for?
- A completed financial education on at least HBO (Bachelor) level
- Some years of working experience at a financial department of preferably an international trade organization
- Good knowledge of at least the English language, both verbally as in writing
- Experience in ERP systems, preferably in JD Edwards
- Knowledge on VAT and tax regulation
- Understanding of IFRS and Sox is seen as an advantage
Who are you?
- You have excellent communication skills and a positive critical attitude
- You quickly see the core of the problem and you are able to translate this into practical solutions with checking the correctness and completeness
- You are able to obtain the right information in a variety of sources, by asking questions and doing desk research
- You have good analytical skills
What do we have to offer?
Shimano is a leading worldwide supplier of highly advanced bicycle components, fishing tackle, and other sports equipment. Shimano Europe B.V. is the intermediate between the head quarter in Japan and the European bicycle market for marketing, sales, product development and technical service. International teamwork is important at Shimano and this becomes visible in the different nationalities working together and sharing responsibility for the success of Shimano in Europe.
"To promote health and happiness through the enjoyment of nature and the world around us"
Shimano employees are dedicated, loyal and are experiencing Shimano as a good employer in a pleasant working environment. Our people have fun in their work, fit into the organizational culture and are especially proud to work for Shimano!
|There are no jobs listed at this moment.|