Shimano Europe are looking for a Product Director to encourage the building of innovative solutions that will result in maximum future revenue growth across all bicycle business units.
As Product Director you will lead the co-ordination of all product related activities across the business units within Shimano Europe. Working together with Shimano offices worldwide, your task will be to uncover and develop synergies between the Shimano concepts and ultimately encourage cooperation to universally increase productivity and improve performance.
In this role you will lead the Shimano Product Coordination and Customer Service & Technical Support Team. You will report directly to the European Vice President, and will work closely with colleagues at Japanese HQ. Your role will be to coordinate the activities of your teams with those of the other business units within Shimano Europe, including Bikefitting, E-device / Shimano Smart Box and PRO Product Development & Coordination.
This Product Director position will be based mainly from the Shimano Europe Headquarters in Eindhoven, however some travel will be required.
- Leading the development of the Customer Service & Technical Support Division
- Co-ordination of technology and product developments among SEU group members
- Make recommendations for product development in order to be current with new technologies
- Finding new business opportunities and involving into related conferences and meetings
- Making the “technological bridge” for product developments to our headquarter in Japan
- Guiding the smaller business units towards a new set-up/business model
- Development of strategic multi-year business plans with the leaders of the individual departments and other Shimano offices
- University level educated in a technical discipline, or a combination of education and experience that demonstrate the required skills;
- Over 5 years experience of product management, with an understanding of research & development processes and product engineering, preferably in electrical components sector;
- 3-5 of experience in leading, managing, and mentoring product management teams;
- Background working within an international organisation, Japan or Far East is a pre;
- Experience with managing budgets;
- Experience managing commercial relationships with 3rd party suppliers;
- Proven project & program management skills.
- Collaborative skills with prior success in influencing and persuading others who are not direct reports;
- Advanced English communication skills both written & verbal, Dutch as a pre;
- Strong commercial orientation and business judgement;
- Analytical skills that allow you to translate complex scenarios and business objectives into clear and reasoned business cases;
- A technical aptitude for product features and emerging technology and their relation to the market placement;
- Have a persistent personal drive and ambition to succeed;
- Focus on continuous improvement and champion of innovation.
|There are no jobs listed at this moment.|