Are you a qualified corporate/commercial legal counsel either from practice or from a senior in-house position? Are you looking for a position in which you can implement your revolutionary, innovative legal business mind-set to fully support and drive our next phase of growth?
Then this might be your chance to become a part of our Corporate Affairs team at Shimano’s European Headquarters.
This is a unique and exciting, broad business role providing top-notch legal advice to our EMEA business. You will be working closely with all team members to transform our department to a team of product and business driven compliance professionals. Within this role, you report to the General Counsel.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Providing information and support on a day-to-day basis to all levels of the organization in all relevant legal areas, including EU Competition law, Data Protection & Privacy law, Intellectual Property law and Mergers & Acquisitions;
- Drafting and reviewing of various international contracts;
- Managing, coordinating and advising about Shimano's intellectual property rights and if necessary take action against infringements;
- Managing, coordinating and monitoring of all business insurance and handling claims for Shimano Europe Group;
- Advising on product liability issues (including corrective actions);
- Further professionalizing the organization, amongst others by implementing procedures and by giving legal training and seminars to the organization;
- Corporate housekeeping.
What are your challenges?
- You will not know all the answers, however you will be resourceful, know where to get the answer from and you use your analytical skills to be able to put together high-level business proposals and to present them in a confident manner to your colleagues;
- You will contribute to our continuous efforts to de-risk the way we do business. To do that, you will need to be a business partner to your stakeholders inside our company. This means building a strong business network and presumes a project type of approach;
- You will need to obtain a deep understanding of our products, business structure and business culture.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- A Master's degree in civil law;
- Sufficient industry and/or law firm experience (3+ years);
- Demonstrable broad experience with IP and competition law is required;
- Experienced in working in an international environment;
- Fluent command of Dutch and English and preferably knowledge of a third language (e.g. French or Spanish);
- Willing to occasionally travel through Europe.
Who are you?
You have the ability to quickly understand business needs, to anticipate potential issues and to provide recommendations for risk management. By using your skills and professional knowledge, you daily show your expertise and added value for the company.
What do we have to offer?
- A challenging fulltime job (32 hours per week is negotiable) within an international and dynamic environment;
- A highly motivated, social and dedicated team of professionals;
- Room for study & development;
- A salary based on your education and experience;
- Variable bonuses based on team and individual results;
- Flexible working hours.
Shimano is a leading worldwide supplier of highly advanced bicycle components, fishing tackle, and other sports equipment. Shimano Europe B.V. is the intermediate between the head quarter in Japan and the European bicycle market for marketing, sales, product development and technical service. International teamwork is important at Shimano and this becomes visible in the different nationalities working together and sharing responsibility for the success of Shimano in Europe.
"To promote health and happiness through the enjoyment of nature and the world around us"
Shimano employees are dedicated, loyal and are experiencing Shimano as a good employer in a pleasant working environment. Our people have fun in their work, fit into the organizational culture and are especially proud to work for Shimano!
|There are no jobs listed at this moment.|