JR. Legal Officer
In this role you will advise and support the organization in legal matters, both on request and proactively. You will contribute to creating and monitoring an optimal legal position of the organization. Your main tasks will include:
• Providing information and support on a day-to-day basis to all levels of the organization in all relevant legal areas, including EU Competition law, Data Protection & Privacy law, Intellectual Property law and Mergers & Acquisitions;
• Drafting and reviewing of various contracts (commercial and non-commercial);
• Managing, coordinating and advising about Shimano's intellectual property rights and if necessary take action against infringements;
• Managing, coordinating and monitoring of all business insurance and handling claims for Shimano Europe Group;
• Advising on product liability issues (including corrective actions);
• Further professionalizing the organization, amongst others by implementing procedures and by giving legal training and seminars to the organization;
• Corporate housekeeping.
You will report to the Director Corporate Services. It concerns a full-time position, but a 32-hour week is negotiable.
What are we looking for?
A down-to-earth and proactive person with a flexible and pragmatic attitude. Your profile:
• You are customer oriented. You quickly correct problems and you monitor customer satisfaction;
• Together with your colleagues you work towards a common goal. You continuously work to achieve results and you focus on continuous improvement of processes;
• You have good skills in planning and organizing. You make plans for your own work as well as others, in which you are setting goals. In the fulfillment you set priorities;
• You are analytical. You quickly see the core of the problem and you are able to translate this into practical solutions;
• You are able to convince other people of a certain standpoint, with the aim of gaining agreement with certain plans, ideas or products.
• 0-3 years of relevant working experience in a similar position;
• Knowledge of intellectual property law and competition law is considered a plus;
• An excellent understanding and communication skill of the Dutch and English language, both spoken and written, is a must;
• Willing to occasionally travel through Europe;
• Knowledge of the Shimano brand is a plus.
What do we have to offer?
Shimano is a leading worldwide supplier of highly advanced bicycle components, fishing tackle and other sports equipment. At the European headquarters in Eindhoven the corporate services department provides legal, tax and compliance support to domestic and international sales offices. The legal areas include intellectual property law, labor law, competition law, product liability law, insurance law, mergers and acquisitions and business law in a wide variety of issues. At present, the corporate services department consists of 2 Legal Officers, 1 Tax Counsel and 1 Compliance Officer.
Shimano offers a pleasant, informal working environment with colleagues who work well together, and are proud to work for Shimano. Next to good working conditions (training and development opportunities, individual and company bonus, collective health insurance and a pension-scheme), Shimano offers you the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging position within a dynamic, international and ambitious environment. Together we want to win, therefore we have a strong focus on team achievement.