Assistant Controller - 32 hours per week
In this role you monitor, together with the Financial Manager, the financial administration of the Shimano Benelux organization. Your main responsibility in this job is to ensure timely and correct processing of incoming supplier invoices and other financial obligations. Your tasks:
- Process accounts payable for invoices involving purchase orders, ensure that invoices are correctly data-entered so the matching process with P.O. and/or receipts can take place smoothly;
- Control outstanding amounts payable and make sure selected invoices and obligations for payment are authorised accordingly in line with due dates and company rules;
- Assess incorrect invoices to enable a correct coding and registration; give advice to the concerned budget-holder to prevent;
- Collect, analyze, and interpret accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, projections and causes of deviation contributing to the operating effectiveness of the organization;
- You prepare reports on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis, in order to give clear insights in the realization of the financial budget;
- You collect and provide information, and act as a sparring partner to Management and Auditors so they have a clear insight and are able to perform their audits effective and efficient;
- You are contributing in developing and maintaining documented policies and procedures for all accounting operations;
- You make sure that accounting policies and procedures comply with standards; identify and enhance internal controls and process efficiencies;
- You monitor and understand business processes within the accounting and operational sections, in order to identify and initiate opportunities for improvement within these processes and systems.
What are we looking for?
- A completed financial education on at least HBO (Bachelor) level;Some years of working experience at a financial department of preferably an international trade organization;
- Excellent communication skills and a critical attitude and accurate view;
- You have good knowledge and experience in ERP systems, preferably in JD Edwards;
- You have some understanding and knowledge of CRM. Understanding of IFRS and J-Sox is seen as an advantage;
- You have good knowledge of at least the English language, both verbally as in writing;
- You have experience/knowledge on VAT and tax regulations;
- You are analytical and have an eye for order, quality and accuracy. You quickly see the core of the problem and you are able to translate this into practical solutions with checking the correctness and completeness;
- You are able to obtain the right information in a variety of sources, by asking questions and doing desk research.
Do you want to join our team?
|There are no jobs listed at this moment.|